Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2018

The Golden Experiences in China

Sixteen years ago, I was joining with the team for going to China. The trip was not really for pleasure but I would say, it's for a project cause. We're staying there for more than a week. I went there twice in the same year. My first visit was during winter season with the coldness temperature of -0 to-14 degree celsius. It was really cold especially for me, who came from a tropical country. I had experienced wearing seven layer of clothes just to protect my body from the winter cold. Obviously, it was not pleasurable. But I took the challenges while staying there. 

We went to the southern part of China and visited atleast three provinces. One of them is the Sichuan province. The province is vast with the population of 81 million, and the place is riched with chinese culture and beliefs. Their food, mostly spicy and sweet which I like it the most. And I like their butter tea too. The people there are wearing their thick clothes too, to keep their body warm in cold weather. Behind their smiles and warmheartedness is the unbearable coldness.
Labrang Monastery in Xiahe China
Photo by Anne Ruiz


We had visited Labrang Monastery also. It is one of the largest monastery of the Buddhist religion in China which is located closely to Tibet. It was an extra ordinary experience to me when we entered inside the monastery. As woman, I had to covered my face to avoid the monks staring at me and in respect of their beliefs and culture. They are so dedicated and devoted to what they are believing for.

Me at the Labrang Monastery
My second time visiting to china was summer time. It was less struggle from wearing thick clothes, and it was easier for me too because I was already oriented with the chinese culture and lifestyle during my first trip. This time, our purpose was to visit different universities and rural schools as part of my research. And we spent most of our time with the children. We also got chances to visit big cities, like Beijing, Guangzhou, Macao and Hongkong. 

My travel to China was my very first trip outside the Philippines and away from my family. Winter or summer, both seasons are giving me the golden experiences while staying in China. It's part of my travel diary. I always wish to visit China again. Hopefully, when time will give me the chance.

The experiences of being in China are beyond my imagination. But I've learned to be braved, independent, friendly, and open minded to different culture and people. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Golden Experiences in China

Sixteen years ago, I was joining with the team for going to China. The trip was not really for pleasure but I would say, it's for a pro...